Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Comic Book Illustrating Opportunity!

The following message was sent to me by an old classmate and it seems like a great opportunity to get your work out there and experiment with a much different style than usual. Please contact me if you are interested and I will gladly put you in contact with Kayla. The message goes a little something like this:

Josh,

The comic is going to either be a long-winded graphic-novel or a verrry long series. We shall see. It's kind of a noir, hard-boiled sort of thing. Urban fantasy genre. Whoever draws it for me should be comfortable working with M-rated material; the story deals with a lot of violence, religion, death, and moderate amounts of sex and some good old-fashioned angst. Also substance abuse. And an extra helping of foul language.

Yeah, I think that just about covers it.

As for art-style, I'm looking for something a little more on the sophisticated side. Not really into the anime style of art. If I had to cite examples, I would probably have to point at things like the Fables series, or Marvel Civil War. Iron Man: Extremis, even.

I'm not really paying right now, this whole thing is currently just for fun and personal satisfaction, but I do have this desire for publication in general that borders on obsession, so I will be TRYING to get this published, and if I do, whoever is drawing the comic for me will definitely be paid.

As for story specifics and that sort of thing, I can start going into that whenever someone contacts me. Doesn't do to throw out too many details too soon, I think it's easy to overwhelm people with that. I'll just say it's like Hellboy meets Constantine meets Sandman meets Dresden Files meets... Haibane Renmei. Meets American Gods.

That's about it.

Thanks again!
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment